Government Resources

The government is not just there to take your taxes, but is a valuable resource for all tax related topics. Below are links to some of the more popular ones.


English  - Français

Income Tax -

Individuals and General Income Tax and Benefit Guide

 Personal income tax forms

Tax Services Offices - Addresses, Phone and Fax Numbers

Toll-free telephone numbers for enquiries

Links to all CRA forms and publications by document type

How to Change Your Address with CRA

 New businesses

Business Number Registration - one stop registration for CRA programs, as well as programs in Nova Scotia, Ontario, New Brunswick and British Columbia.
See also Business Registration Online

GST/HST GST/HST main page

GST/HST Rulings Centres - for technical enquiries

Canada Child Tax Benefit

Government prescribed Interest Rates

Tax Treaties

Service Canada online services

Contact Service Canada re Old Age Security (OAS) or Canada Pension Plan (CPP) questions.

Use the Service Canada site, without having a My Service Canada account, to:


Persons with Disabilities - CPP disability benefits, Federal workers' compensation, Opportunities Fund

Seniors - CPP, OAS, disability benefits, GIS, survivor benefits

My Service Canada Account,  a single point of access to view and update Employment Insurance (EI), Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) information.  You can

  • view and print your EI/CPP/OAS tax slips used to prepare your tax return
  • view your CPP/OAS pension and benefit information
  • view your CPP contributions
  • apply for EI online, view your EI claim information, complete the EI report online, appeal an EI decision
  • find a job using Job Bank
  • estimate your CPP retirement benefit, and apply for it online
  • change your pension and benefit direct deposit information
  • change your address and telephone number

Business Building Tax Planning Individuals Privacy Tax Mistakes Home